Greg Jones Scholarship Fund
The Greg Jones Scholarship fund is a community-base scholarship, and was established by Dr. Gregory Jones in 1987 for graduating seniors residing in the Glen Hazel / Hazelwood / Glenwood sections of Pittsburgh (zip code 15207). Dr. Jones grew up in Glen Hazel, and launched the scholarship to financially assist teens in the 15207 zip code in their pursuit of a college education. Dr. Jones now has two adult daughters, and currently resides in Los Angeles county, California.
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must:
- Currently live in the 15207 zip code, or have parents/grandparents that previously lived in the 15207 zip code
- Have a minimum 2.25 overall GPA
- If a recent high school graduate, student must have a minimum of 2.75 GPA in junior and senior years
- Provide at least two references, with at least one reference from a current or former high school teacher; can have one reference from a community leader
- Preference will be given to low-income students (determined by EFC number on SAR form)
- Attend an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in pursuit of an Associates or Bachelor's degree or technical professional degree
One, $2,500 scholarship will be awarded in 2017 (paid in two installments - $1,250 in August 2017 and $1,250 in December 2017). The second installment will be made after student provides proof of registration and schedule of classes for the 2nd semester.
The application is currently open. The application process will close on Friday, March 31, 2017 at 3:00 PM/EST.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the link below and select the Greg Jones Scholarship Application. Note the online application is only available during the application period, noted in the Timeline above.